Toronto Storeys / August 2019 – Present
- Researches, writes and edits trending and breaking stories about real estate and urban living.
Freelance Journalist & Editor
Self-Employed / September 2016 – Present
- Contributes reported articles, opinion editorials and narrative essays to more than 20 publications in both print and digitals mediums, most notably for Refinery29, Vice, Salon, CBC News, them, The Cut, Narratively, Now Magazine and Brooklyn Magazine.
- Provides a broad range of services to clients including but not limited to content creation, copywriting and editing and social media marketing.
Content Marketing Specialist
The Launch Society / September 2018 – April 2019
- Researched, wrote and edited engaging and insightful industry-specific content for various startups and brands.
- Developed brand pillars, voice and persona.
- Developed comprehensive brand strategies to drive qualified leads, brand awareness and conversion.
- Optimized content performance across several digital channels.
West End Phoenix / March 2019 – March 2019
- Working alongside the Deputy, Senior and Managing Editors, researched, pitched and wrote original hyper-local content for the monthly themed print newspaper.
- Assisted in marketing, social media, brand strategy and event-planning to build the subscriber base.
- Assisted in the build, launch and maintenance of microsites and WordPress blogs.
- Formatted, optimized and distributed email marketing campaigns, internal and external, including announcements, thought leadership and newsletters and event invitation.
- Ensured distributions adhere to brand standards, marketing best practices and applicable regulations, including anti-spam laws.
- Updated and maintained information in the CRM as it relates to marketing and business development activities.
- Worked with the firm’s lawyers, support staff and business services professionals to build and nurture productive marketing mailing lists.
- Supported the execution of social media campaigns across LinkedIn, Twitter and other channels using the firm’s social media tools.
- Performed research and assists with social media projects, analytics and campaign measurement.
- Assisted in the creation, analysis and interpretation of reports using Google Analytics, CRM, email marketing and social media management platforms.
Digital Marketing Analyst
Dentons / August 2017 – August 2018
2019 Fellow in Global Journalism
Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy / University of Toronto
Intro and Advanced Web Development
HackerYou / Completed December 2017
Certificate of Web Intelligence
University of California, Irvine / Completed March 2016
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
The University of British Columbia / Class of 2014
- SCRUM/ Agile Frameworks
- Product Management
- Project Management
- CMS Management
- Content Creation
- Agile Tools – Jira, Podio & Trello
- CMS – Liger, Contentful, Drupal & Sitecore
- Adobe Target, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Beginner HTML and CSS