West End Phoenix / September 2018 – Present
- Working alongside the Deputy, Senior and Managing Editors, researches, pitches and writes original hyper-local content for the monthly themed print newspaper.
- Assists in marketing, social media, brand strategy and event-planning to build the subscriber base.
Freelance Journalist & Editor
Self-Employed / September 2016 – Present
- Contributes reported articles, opinion editorials, narrative essays and sponsored content to more than 20 publications in both print and digitals mediums, most notably for Refinery29, Motherboard, Salon, New York Magazine’s The Cut, Narratively, Now Magazine and Brooklyn Magazine.
- Provides a broad range of services to clients including but not limited to content creation, copywriting and editing and social media marketing.
Digital Marketing Analyst
Dentons / August 2017 – August 2018
- Assisted in the build, launch and maintenance of microsites and WordPress blogs.
- Formatted, optimized and distributed email marketing campaigns, internal and external, including announcements, thought leadership and newsletters and event invitation.
- Ensured distributions adhere to brand standards, marketing best practices and applicable regulations, including anti-spam laws.
- Updated and maintained information in the CRM as it relates to marketing and business development activities.
- Worked with the firm’s lawyers, support staff and business services professionals to build and nurture productive marketing mailing lists.
- Supported the execution of social media campaigns across LinkedIn, Twitter and other channels using the firm’s social media tools.
- Performed research and assists with social media projects, analytics and campaign measurement.
- Assisted in the creation, analysis and interpretation of reports using Google Analytics, CRM, email marketing and social media management platforms.
TELUS Digital / April 2017 – June 2017 / Contract
- Managed a cross-functional team of designers, developers and analysts in a SCRUM Agile framework.
- Managed business asks for TELUS.com.
- Ensured TELUS.com was updated and maintained with the latest products, marketing content and pricing.
- Researched end to end customer journeys and articulated problems customer needed solved.
Customer Success Associate
Venngage / October 2016 – January 2017 / Contract
- Managed live chat, email, phone and customer onboarding in English and Spanish to meet weekly targets and reduce churn.
- Used CMS to write and manage support articles and web content.
- Worked with design and development teams to identify customer issues and find quick and thorough solutions.
- Managed various social media communities.
Airbnb / March 2016 – December 2016 / Independent Contractor
- Developed a grassroots online marketing program to create awareness of the Airbnb platform and grow the Toronto host community.
- As the consistent top performer in the Air Ambassador pilot program, won several bonuses for lead generation and assisted 35 new hosts in joining the platform.
- Leveraged community events and made strategic partnerships to generate leads.
- Developed web content to share on Facebook and other social media platforms to connect with potential clients.
- Built a MailChimp email campaign to measure outreach and conversion success.
Fish & Soda / Jan 2016 – Oct 2016
- Assisted in the development of new business projects.
- Ensured projects are completed within given timelines and budget.
- Wrote content for web development projects.
- Managed all email correspondence with clients.
- Created reports, proofreads documents, conducts research and collects data.
- Managed social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Provided administrative support to project directors.
2018/19 Fellow of Global Journalism
Munk School of Global Affairs / University of Toronto
Intro & Advanced Web Development
HackerYou / Completed December 2016
Certificate of Web Intelligence
The University of California, Irvine / Completed March 2016
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
The University of British Columbia / Class of 2014
- SCRUM/ Agile Frameworks
- Product Management
- Project Management
- CMS Management
- Content Creation
- Agile Tools – Jira, Podio & Trello
- CMS – Liger, Contentful, Drupal & Sitecore
- Adobe Target, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Beginner HTML and CSS